Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nursery Reveal

After months of painting, reupholstering, thrifting, and sewing (lots of sewing) I am relieved to say I am finally done with the new nursery for little Heidi. I have three weeks left to go in this pregnancy, so now I can focus on the little things like washing all of Avery's stains out of the carseat cover, etc...
Anyway, here is what Heidi's room looked like before. I am a little embarrassed to even post this picture because this room was such a disaster. I promise it didn't always look like this, for whatever reason I snapped this picture on a particularly horrible, no good, messy day.
And here is what the dear ol' room looks like now.....








Isn't it lovely? I seriously just like sitting in this room and looking at it throughout the day. I have never decorated a room that I was this pleased with. I did it fairly cheaply too, with the help of craigslist (selling off stuff then used the money to buy new things), Ikea, Goodwill, and yardsales.
The chair I got from Goodwill for $10. It used to look like this....

Nice pink right? It was actually in really good condition, I almost felt it a shame to tear off all that clean fabric, but alas, mauve velvet would not do in my room.
The walls are painted Morning Sun, by Sherwin Williams. It is the perfect yellow, I swear. 
The fabric for the quilt, sheet, cribskirt, and changing pad I got from Sprightly Fabrics  on sale for $6.20/yard. Steal. It comes from Stitch Studios for Riley Blake, and the collection is called Marguerite. I love fabric. 
The chevron fabric came the the lovely Hobby Lobby.
The crib, sheepskin rug, curtains, lamp, and clock came from Ikea. Have I mentioned how much I hate/love Ikea? Well I do - we have an interesting relationship.
I made the big letter "H", well hobby lobby made the "H", I just hot glued Jute to it. Literally took me 6 hours to get all the Jute on there. Who knew? I already had the big frame, just painted it white. 
I got the vintage girls that hang above the changing table at a yardsale, along with the pot underneath the lamp and clock.
I already had the dresser/changing table from Avery's room - which I totally splurged on one day while "browsing" at Granny's Attic in Payson. Do not go in there an expect to leave empty handed, just a warning.
And I think one of my favorite last minute additions is the "Hush little Baby (no, seriously.)" picture. Thanks someone on Pinterest/Etsy.
So there you have it. A room gone from gross-chaos, to tranquil-sweetness. It is all ready for little Heidi; maybe she should take that as a hint to come this week. Wishful thinking, I know.

7 comments:

  1. Ginger this room is A-dorable! Looks like something straight out of HGTV. ;) You are SO talented! Come decorate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! So crisp & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The chair turned out amazing! Did the ottoman come with the chair? Perfect for a little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I was going for Anjane! Yeah! And I am not really that talented Emma, I am just good at copying somone else's talent (thank goodness for pinterest, right?).
    Kim, not he ottoman didn't come with the chair, I already had it though so I slapped some blue fabric on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't get over how cute this is. i guess i need to start perusing pinterest too if i want to do a nursery when we move. you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. Kept it simple and elegant. Two thumbs up Ging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! You crazy little nanny, you! Who knew? You have blown my mind! Congratualtions and good luck getting that baby here. I am anxious for any news :)

    ReplyDelete