Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Other News

March is definitely my favorite part of living in Mesa, especially since we have a beloved orange tree. Right now the orange blossoms are in full bloom and our backyard smells like total heaven. Add in warm days running through sprinklers and cool evening spent at the park, it just doesn't get better than that. The only thing bad about March is it is fleeting, I want to hang on to it forever, but much too soon the summer heat consumes me and makes me grouchy from May through October.




Add in warm days running through sprinklers and cool evening spent at the park and it just doesn't get better than that. The only thing bad about March is, it is fleeting, I want to hang on to it forever, but much too soon the summer heat consumes me and makes me grouchy from May through October.

In other news we bought a zoo membership on Saturday. It was insane, and mostly we were insane for braving it on a Saturday. So many people!

This is best photo I have gotten of Avery in MONTHS, getting her to look at the camera is no small feat.




When it was time to leave, Avery was not ready, of course. So Steve just scooped her up and did the "football" hold and we marched out of there with a screaming, kicking, red faced child. I actually even overheard someone talking about us, they muttered as we walked past, "Child abuse". Ha! Oh childless person, your day will come, just you wait.

While we were looking at the Zebra's, Avery kept saying, "Crab, I want to see a crab." And pretty much every other animal that wasn't a crab (which was all of them). She was not impressed with this crab-less zoo, which is probably why she decided to be so "crabby". I'm so funny.
We left there feeling pretty darn defeated by our crazy two year old, so on Monday I decided I would be a glutton for punishment and go back to the zoo...by myself. I was there for almost 4.5 hours, determined to not leave there with a screaming Avery again. I failed. I failed miserably. Good thing we bought a zoo pass! (note heavy sarcasm).

In other, other news Avery pooped in the toilet for the first time yesterday! She did go in her diaper later, but it was still really exciting. And today she went poop in the toilet every single time she had to go. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me, but I am trying to not get too excited in case this is a weird phase. Those who follow this blog or know me, know that I have been dealing with "poop" issues, to say the least, for the past year, and it has about broke my spirit as a mother. Today was a definite win in that area.
Getting her to go pee in the toilet is a whole other story, I can not get that girl to just tinkle in the dang potty for anything. I always heard it is harder to get the poop part down, but like most things with Avery, we are doing it backwards apparently.

In other, other, other news, Steve is on Spring Break right now = amazing. He is busy studying for and taking his certification test for School Administration, and doing home projects and being the best dad and husband ever. Hopefully, later this week, we will get out to the lake so this man of mine can do some much needed fishing.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you were brave enough to go BACK to the zoo! And I can't believe people have never seen a tantrum before. So silly. How is Avery doing on the potty now a week later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, ya, I am insane. I don't know what is wrong with me. And about the potty....its a no go. Back to square one. I was way too optimistic and she had a "smearing" incident last week.....bleh.

      Delete